SEI Stockholm addresses themes such as ecosystems management; socio-economic transitions and innovation; sustainable consumption and lifestyles; governance of land and natural resources; and cross-scale governance and geopolitics.
Areas of expertise include energy systems, sustainable finance, disaster risk reduction, sustainable sanitation, bioeconomy, supply chains, climate change, gender and livelihoods, behaviour and choice, participatory methods, and institutions and governance.
SEI Stockholm is supported by the Stockholm Management team (S-MT), consisting of the Centre Director, Unit Heads, one representative from the finance, communications and HR teams respectively, and the office manager.
- Centre Director: Louise Karlberg
- Head of Unit Resources and Development: Linda Bell
- Head of Unit Governance and Institutions: Linn Persson
- Head of Unit Climate, Energy and Society: Luca De Lorenzo
- Head of Unit Societal Transitions: Peter Repinski
- HR Director: Maria Westerlund
- Financial Controller: Effendy Yu
- Head of Communication Unit, Project Partnering: Andrea Norgren
- Office Manager: Paula Forslund
SEI Stockholm consists of four research units as well as operational support. All Unit Heads work 50% as line managers, and 50% within projects. The Stockholm Management Team is responsible for the strategic leadership of the centre, the well-being of employees, and daily operations such as supporting project leaders to deliver on projects.
In addition, the Centre Director is part of the SEI-wide Management Team. In 2018, we will continue to work towards increasing cross-centre collaboration in that forum.