SEI Asia is calling for Expression of Interest (EoI) for the final evaluation of its Strategic Collaborative Fund Phase 2 (SCF2) programme.
With the support from the Swedish government (SIDA), SEI Asia launched SCF2 in 2018 to enhance the current 2030 Agenda efforts in Asia and the Pacific. SCF2 is now in its last year of programme implementation.
SEI Asia will develop a final report to outline the achievements of the SCF2 programme. An external evaluation will increase the validity of the outcomes that the SCF2 programme claims to have achieved by the end of the programme cycle. In addition, a final evaluation will inform SEI Asia and Sida on how to improve SCF implementation in the next phases and identify any opportunities to strengthen regional and inter-regional environmental cooperation.
This role is open to individual experts and/or consulting teams who are experienced in international and/or regional development programme evaluation. To this end, SEI Asia expects the evaluator to have the following competencies.
- International or regional consultant with academic and professional competencies in fields related to impact evaluation, environment and climate change, gender and rights-based approaches, and regional policy engagement and collaboration.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the combined topics stated in point (a), especially in the Asia region.
- Substantive experience in regional programme monitoring evaluation and learning.
- Excellent English writing and communication and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate ability to assess complex situations, succinctly distilling critical issues, and drawing forward-looking conclusions and recommendations.
- The evaluator/team must have their own computer, recording devices, and other relevant equipment.
- Willingness to travel within the Asia region, especially Southeast Asia, contingent upon prevailing travel restrictions.
- Substantive experience in reviewing and evaluating similar projects, preferably those involving Swedish International Development Agency or other major donors.
- Highly knowledgeable of participatory monitoring, evaluation and learning processes in the fields of environment and climate change, gender and rights-based approaches, and regional policy engagement and collaboration in Asia.
- Familiarity with the issues, challenges, and priorities in developing countries within the region, in the area of environmental sustainability, which addresses gender inclusiveness and poverty reduction in Asia.
Submissions of Expression of Interest (EoI)
Any interested parties need to submit the following documents:
- A cover letter expressing the interest in the call and explaining how the evaluator or the evaluation team meets the required qualifications.
- A brief proposal consisting of at least (i) the evaluator background, (ii) proposed methodologies and timeline, and (iii) budget estimation.
- A copy of CV(s) or resume(s) of the evaluator or evaluation team.
- At least one evaluation report sample or brief summaries of the past evaluations.
All submissions should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2022 at 5 PM Bangkok time (GMT+7). Please indicate “SCF2 Final Evaluation Proposal” in the email subject, attaching the above-mentioned documents.
Learn more about the EoI call