SEI Oxford’s office is in Osney Mead, Oxford and currently has 12 staff. We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly person to support the Centre Director and manage the everyday activities of the office and support the research and finance teams.
- Personal Assistant role – support Centre Director with letters, files, requests and in liaising with our HQ in Stockholm
- Support with office Health and Safety requirements, including health and safety handbook, first aid training and record keeping
- Support for Human Resources, including contracts, staff handbook updates, inductions for new staff, appraisals, maintaining staff records and potentially joining global institute HR network
- Support staff with travel arrangements and visitors, organize meetings and events
- Answer telephone, post and email
- Take accurate and detailed notes at staff meetings
- Inform accountant of changes to payroll each month
- Order office equipment and purchase office sundries
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
- Postholder may be required to undertake other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in administration and personal assistant roles
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (provide sample of written work)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work confidently with diverse team and partners around the world
- Able to manage and prioritize own workload.
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than 31 May 2022.
We only accept applications that are submitted through our recruitment system.
Please apply online and include:
- cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience
- curriculum vitae.
Working at SEI Oxford
The Stockholm Environment Institute is an international non-profit research and policy organization that tackles environment and development challenges.
Please visit our website for more information about the Stockholm Environment Institute and SEI Oxford.
The post carries with it generous benefits, including a full-time equivalent of 33 days of holiday a year inclusive of any bank/public holidays, company pension scheme and flexible working.
There is a probationary period of six months.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is an independent international research institute founded in 1989. Its mission is to support decision-making and induce change towards sustainable development around the world by providing integrative knowledge that bridges science and policy in the field of environment and development. SEI ranked second among the world’s top think tanks on environmental policy issues in the 2020 Global Go To Think Tanks Index compiled by the University of Pennsylvania’s Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program.
SEI has around 300 employees working at research centres in seven countries around the world. SEI’s headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Additional SEI research centres are located in Colombia (SEI Latin America), Estonia (SEI Tallinn), Kenya (SEI Africa), Thailand (SEI Asia), the UK (SEI Oxford and SEI York) and US (SEI US).