In Thailand, the government has defined an approach to developing the bioeconomy. A case study on this approach will seek to understand various stakeholder perspectives, policies and strategies affecting the bioeconomy development pathway and identify possible interventions to ensure that sustainability and social equity are considered.
The bioeconomy intern will support the implementation of the Thai case study. The responsibilities include:
- Review of relevant Thai and English literature and policies related to the bioeconomy (e.g. policies on agricultural production systems, bioenergy, biotechnology, bio-based industries and land use)
- Identification of key stakeholders in the Thai bioeconomy
- Support for key informant interviews with identified stakeholders
- Analysis and write up of research findings
- Support for proposal development
Required skills and experience:
- University degree in environmental science/ policy, agriculture, economics, engineering or other relevant degree
- Familiarity with governance of the bioeconomy and environmental and social issues in Thailand; familiarity with other issues related to the bioeconomy and circular economy
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
Applicants can apply for a 6-month, part-time or full-time internship. The internship can commence as soon as possible. Research under the bioeconomy initiative can be used as part of a thesis or other academic requirements. If interested, please contact:
May Thazin Aung: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicaton due date: September 6, 2018.