How to apply
Use the Apply now button below to submit your application. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
As part of SEI’s ongoing research on Indigenous rights and natural resource governance, we are looking for an intern to support us in a study on trust in water governance with a focus on hydropower on traditional Sámi lands in Sweden. The internship will take place within our ongoing project Enhancing Trust in Government for Effective Water Governance (EnTruGo). The study will examine the social dynamics, participatory processes and trust in Swedish hydropower governance. The activities will include retrieval and analysis of documents in Swedish, e.g. from government agencies, and conducting interviews.
Given the nature of the documents and the interviews, it is a requirement to be fluent in Swedish.
The work can be adapted depending on the educational background of the intern, i.e. we foresee that both natural science (e.g. environmental studies) and social science (e.g. political science, human or physical geography) training will be relevant qualification. We have some concrete ideas for the design of the study already but also hope for the intern to help shape the work, based on own interests and competencies.
- Retrieval of documents from Swedish government agencies
- Review and analysis of documents
- Conducting interviews
- Writing of internal report
- Student in completion of a master’s degree in a relevant subject (for example political science, human or physical geography, environmental studies)
- Fluent in both written and spoken Swedish
- Knowledge of Sámi culture or prior experience working with Indigenous peoples is advantageous
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than 21 May, 23:59 Stockholm local time. We only accept applications that are submitted through our recruitment system. Please apply online using the button below.
Applications should be written in Swedish and consist of a short CV (including 1 reference) and cover letter (maximum 1 page). In the cover letter, please address:
- what you would like to do during your internship
- how the internship relates to your studies and your future plans
- your ability to work home-based during large parts of the internship (due to circumstances regarding COVID-19)
- duration of the internship, and if the internship will be full-time or part-time (please give a percentage)
Use the button below to submit your application. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
For questions regarding the internship, please contact Katarina Inga (email@example.com).