Studies are carried out in close cooperation with local institutions. The printed version (ISSN 1101-8267) is distributed free of charge. This newsletter is supported by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida).
- Brazilian electrification program LPT (Light for All).
- Small-scale biomass gasification in Asia.
- The expansion of soy production and trade in Latin America.
- Carbon finance for woodfuels.
Download the newsletter here (pdf)
Vol. 21, issue 1, 2009, ISSN 1101-8267:
- EU 10% biofuel target: a win–win opportunity for Africa and the EU.
- Zambian biofuels farm bears sustainable fruit.
- Solar home systems light up lives in China.
- Policies and partnerships for biofuels development in Africa, by Maria Milagros Morales.
- Public-private partnership for the use of biomass gasification technology in Uganda By Sunil Dhingra.
- A biofuels prenuptial: Questions for policy makers before the marriage, by Margaret N. Matinga.
- Development of Local Biofuel Markets: A Case Study from Ethiopia, by Fiona Lambe.
- Lessons from China: Rural Household Biogas, an Integrated Solution for Sustainable Livelihood Development, by Lailai Li.
- Assessing the African Biofuel Debate: The Need for Sustainable Biofuel Development Strategies By Bothwell Batidzirai.
- Financing the path to renewable energy enterprises by Eric Usher.
- Asian biofuel development at a crossroads by Yong Chen and Jinyue Yan.
- Highlights of first Africa high-level biofuels seminar by Fiona Zuzarte.
- Access to clean energy for cooking in Ethiopia: impacts and potential of the Gaia Association ethanol-stove programme by Fiona Lambe.
- Sweden looks at bioenergy from agriculture by Max Åhman.
- Towards a new global agreement on climate change by Richard J.T. Klein and Mikael Román.
Special theme issue: Renewable Energy in the EU, May 2007 Vol. 20 No. 1
A Testing Ground for a Global Sustainable Energy Future: Overview of Renewable Energy in the EU.
- Ireland and UK.
- Nordic Countries.
- Baltic Countries.
- Central Europe- Austria.
- Benelux Countries.
- The Iberian Peninsula.
- Mediterranean Countries.
- Romania and Bulgaria.