The webinar will provide a first look at the key findings from IISD’s new report highlighting the implications of 1.5°C scenarios for fossil fuel phase-out and renewables scale-up, barriers to those transitions and solutions to such challenges, and tools for governments and financial institutions to navigate the current energy crisis while maintaining climate ambition.
Panellists from intergovernmental organizations and the scientific community will reflect on the key findings of the report and discuss its implications for energy decision-making.
- Ploy Achakulwisut, Scientist, Stockholm Environment Institute
Presentation of findings
- Diala Hawila, Programme Officer, International Renewable Energy Agency
- Mateo Salomon, Global Climate and Energy Advisor, UN Development Programme
- Alaa Al Khourdajie, Senior Scientist, Technical Support Unit, Working Group 3, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Frederic Hans, NewClimate Institute
Register by clicking on the link below.