Prior to joining SEI in 2006, she worked as a Senior Coordinator at the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center, Bangkok where she focussed on facilitating the development of multi-stakeholder partnerships and supporting national disaster management organisations in the integration of disaster vulnerability reduction into the national and sectoral planning in the Asian region.
Kai Kim holds a PhD in Geochemistry from Royal Holloway and Bedford College, University of London, a BSc in Geology from the University of Edinburgh and a BSc in Environmental Sciences from the University of East Anglia.
- Disaster Environment Working Group for Asia (DEWGA)
- Sustainable Recovery and Resilience Building in the Tsunami Affected Region
- The Climate Change, Environment and Migration Alliance (CCEMA)
- Regional Climate Change Adaptation Knowledge Platform for Asia
- Building long-term capacity for managing and adapting to climate change in Asia and Africa: Scoping phase