The Swedish Development Research Network (SweDev) is a member-based network consisting of research groups, units or departments in different research environments in Sweden and individuals working with development research and training. It is a multidisciplinary academic network with no political or religious affiliations.
SweDev aims to:
– encourage and support contacts, cooperation and sharing of information between researchers, lecturers and students of development studies at the various research environments around Sweden
– enhance contact and cooperation between researchers and development practitioners and policymakers
– support the biennial National Conference on Development Research in Sweden.
As an initial step SEI together with the Expert Group on Aid Studies (EBA) conducted a mapping study to get a deeper understanding of the current development research community in Sweden.
Access the results of the mapping study and the governance procedures for SweDev below.
Are you interested in receiving information from the network? Sign up to stay informed of SweDev events and announcements.
Members of the SweDev Steering Committee:
- Fredrik Söderbaum, University of Gothenburg (Chair)
- Elin Bjarnegård, Uppsala University
- Jonas Ewald, Linnaeus University
- Flora Hajdu, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Magnus Jirström, Lund University
- Richard Lalander, Södertörn University
- Henning Melber, Nordic Africa Institute
- Cecilia Strand, Uppsala University
- Kajsa Johansson, Linneaus University (PhD representative)
- Janet Vähämäki, Stockholm Environment Institute and Stockholm University (Ex-officio Member)