Time: 900–1030 EDT | 1300–1430 UTC | 1400–1530 BST | 1500–1630 CEST
Join this webinar, which will highlight the findings of Civil Society Equity Review’s latest report, “A Fair Shares Phase Out: A Civil Society Equity Review of an Equitable Global Phase out of Fossil Fuels“. It will also explore fossil fuels in the context of current events, such as the war in Ukraine, inflation, pandemic and climate change, which reinforce the urgent need for a fair phase-out of fossil fuels with global cooperation.
The panel will feature SEI US Senior Scientist Sivan Kartha, author of The Carbon Inequality Era report and leading scientist on managing a fair fossil fuel phase-out.
- Fossil fuels are fundamental to today’s wars, inflation, pandemic and climate crises. Countries must work together toward a fair shares phase-out of fossil fuel production and consumption.
- While the wealthiest countries remain far below contributing their fair shares of the global effort, less wealthy countries have pledged mitigation measures meeting – or exceeding – their full fair shares.
- A review of the issues playing out in 13 profiled countries in terms of the challenges and opportunities in addressing fossil fuel production at the national and international levels.
- Addressing supply-side equity issues relating to the wind-down of fossil fuel production, as well as possible solutions including both national and international cooperation.
Moderators and speakers
- Lidy Nacpil, Asia Peoples’ Movement on Debt and Development
- Tasneem Essop, Climate Action Network-International
- Sivan Kartha, Stockholm Environment Institute
- Sara Shaw, Friends of the Earth International
- Victor Menotti, Oakland Institute
Register below to attend the webinar.