Henrik Carlsen, Mistra Geopolitics Co-Director and SEI Senior Research Fellow, will contribute with his expertise in two distinguished panel discussions. Both held on the 4th of July: Backlash on the climate issue – how can politics improve on foresight and Climate, security and resources – how do we handle several crises at the same time?
“We now clearly see that geopolitical considerations and perspectives are intertwined with environmental and climate change. These developments challenge conventional thinking – and therefore science, policy – and business – need to work closer together to better navigate an uncertain future. ”
— Henrik Carlsen, SEI Senior Research Fellow and Co-Director of Mistra Geopolitics
Backlash on the climate issue – how can politics improve on foresight?
4 July, 10:00 – 11:00 AM
Henrik Carlsen, Deputy Programme Director of Mistra Geopolitics, will open this event including a prominent panel with Anders Wijkman, representatives from the Swedish business sector and Swedish politicians. The Haga Initiative and Mistra Geopolitics are proud to present the panelists:
- Dr Henrik Carlsen, Co-Director of Mistra Geopolitics, Senior Research Fellow at Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)
- Sofie Eliasson Morsink, Vd och ordförande, Coca-Cola Europacific Partners och Livsmedelsföretagen
- Elin Segerlind, riksdagsledamot (V)
- Ulf Wikström, hållbarhetschef, Stockholm Exergi
- Anders Wijkman, ordförande, Circular Sweden och tidigare Europaparlamentariker
- Karin Lexén, generalsekreterare, Naturskyddsföreningen
- Malin Fijen Pacsay, ordförande i Klimat- och hållbarhetsnämnden i Region Stockholm (MP)
- Magnus Demervall, Centerpartiets policychef och biträdande partisekreterare (C)
- Nina Ekelund, Director General, the Haga Initiative (moderator)
This dialogue will take place at Teaterskeppet in Visby, Gotland. Organizers are the Haga Initiative and Mistra Geopolitics.
Climate, security and resources – how do we handle several crises at the same time?
4 July, 15.45-16.30 PM
Henrik Carlsen, Deputy Programme Director of Mistra Geopolitics, will be discussing how to reduce dependency on fossil fuels in Sweden, and the geopolitical challenges of this transition with a specific focus on Russia. Mistra and Mistra Geopolitics are proud to present the panelist:
- Henrik Carlsen, Deputy Programme Director of Mistra Geopolitics and Senior Research Fellow at SEI
- Filip Johnsson, Programme Director of Mistra Electrification
- Matilda Machacek, VP Offshore Development Nordics
- Markus Wråke, Managing Director of Energiforsk
- Robert Egnell, Chancellor of Försvarshögskolan
- Anna Jöborn, Managing Director of Mistra (moderator)
This event will take place at S:t Hansgatan 11, Gamla riksbanken in Visby. Organisers are Mistra and Mistra Geopolitics.