Nilufar had extensive work experience in multi-disciplinary research, policy development, project formulation and appraisal.
She worked on adaptive water management under uncertainty particularly in developing approaches that integrate poverty alleviation, gender awareness and health planning for integrated water resources management in river basins. She was also engaged in studying impacts of climate change and biodiversity projects on local livelihoods.
Previous to SEI, she worked with a wide range of organizations, governments, donor agencies, research institutions and NGOs.
- Do we need better behaved cooks? Reviewing behavioural change strategies for improving the sustainability and effectiveness of cookstove programs
- Framing community disaster resilience
- Bringing rights into resilience: revealing complexities of climate risks and social conflict
- What is equitable resilience?
- Understanding social equity and sustainability interactions in the Sustainable Development Goals: gender differences in food security