When: Monday, 10 December, 11:30 – 13:00
Where: International Congress Centre, Room: Warmia, Katowice, Poland
Join us at our upcoming side event on a crucial, yet largely missing piece of the climate puzzle: Policies restricting exploration and production of oil, gas, and coal while ensuring an equitable and just transition.
Oil Change International, Global Witness, and the Stockholm Environment Institute, with support from the International Institute for Sustainable Development and the Overseas Development Institute, are convening a panel highlighting recent real-world examples of supply-side leadership and transition planning and the needed pathway forward.
Restricting fossil fuel supply and production is a critical tool for achieving the Paris Agreement goals. This panel will explore this underutilized lever for accelerating climate action. It will highlight concrete examples and leadership, as well as pathways needed to ensure a just transition.
- Hannah McKinnon, Program Director, Oil Change International
- Valvanera Ulargui, Director General, Spanish Climate Change Office, Ministry for the Ecological Transition, Spain
- Stephanie Lee, Special Advisor, New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Monica Araya, Founder and Director, Costa Rica Limpia
- Azahara Merino Martos, Secretaría Confederal de Medio Ambiente y Movilidad de CCOO
- Cleo Verkuijl, Research Fellow, Stockholm Environment Institute