The new Production Gap Report highlights the discrepancy between countries’ plans for coal, oil and gas production and the global levels consistent with Paris goals. Launched in November, it was produced by SEI, International Institute for Sustainable Development, Overseas Development Institute, CICERO Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research, Climate Analytics, and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP).
This official UNFCCC side event explored the report’s findings, policy opportunities, and leaders in winding down fossil fuel production.
When: Tuesday, 3 December, 13:15 – 14:45
Where: Room 3, IFEMA – Feria de Madrid
SEI Communications Officer Emily Yehle will moderate the panel
- Michael Lazarus, US Center Director and Senior Scientist, Stockholm Environment Institute
- Alysha Bagasra, Climate Change Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, New Zealand
- Felipe De León, Advisor of the Climate Change Directorate, Costa Rica
- Joie Warnock, UNIFOR trade union outgoing Western Regional Director, Canada
- Niklas Hagelberg, Coordinator, Climate Change programme, UN Environment Programme
- Luis Alfonso de Alba, UN Secretary-General Special Envoy