This panel discussion will follow in the spirit set by the Talanoa Dialogue, with speakers sharing solutions to address the discrepancy between the world’s plans for coal, oil, and gas production and the 1.5°C and well-below 2°C targets. This discussion builds on the findings in the recent Production Gap Report, from SEI, International Institute for Sustainable Development, Overseas Development Institute, CICERO Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research, Climate Analytics, and UNEP.
Speakers will include government and UN officials, as well as leading voices from civil society. A reception may follow (TBC).
When: Wednesday, 4 December, 18:30 – 20:30
Where: Moana Blue Pacific Pavilion
- Cleo Verkuijl, Research Fellow, Stockholm Environment Institute
- Kay Harrison, Climate Change Ambassador, New Zealand
- Niklas Hagelberg, Coordinator, Climate Change programme, UN Environment Programme
- Viktoria Ingman, Head of Unit, Climate Division, Ministry of the Environment and Energy, Sweden
- Angeline Heine, National Energy Planner, Marshall Islands
- Representative from civil society, TBC