The authors offer policy recommendations are according to the following six themes:
- Climate change mitigation, wetland biodiversity, and resilience
- Wetland protection, conservation and restoration actions
- Streamline national wetland governance
- Knowledge systems, meaningful engagement and communication
and outreach of wetland management
- Wetland classification, mapping, and monitoring
- Coordination of Arctic wetland actions, research, and monitoring
The 13 key findings and 20 policy recommendations were produced as part of the Resilience and management of Arctic wetlands: phase 2 report, by researchers from Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency (Naturvårdsverket), Stockholm University and CAFF, the Arctic Council’s biodiversity working group.
Published by the Arctic Council and CAFF, the results were presented to policymakers attending the 12th Arctic Council Ministerial meeting.