In this book the editors have brought together a wide range of case studies from across Africa and Asia, covering urban and rural areas and different sectors including water, agriculture and disaster management, in order to examine the following:
- High-resolution climate change projection in Asia and how this can be used in planning appropriate adaptation responses.
- In-depth case studies of climate change projections, social, economic and environmental impact and vulnerability assessment and adaptation in rural Thailand and urban Philippines.
- Cases across Africa for which climate data is less readily available and alternative approaches need to be adopted.
- The current situation amongst international donors.
- Emerging issues caused by climate change.