Air pollution is the single greatest environmental risk to human health, so the health benefits of improving air quality are significant. In addition, improving air quality can enhance climate change mitigation.
As part of the celebration of the International Day of Clean Air for blue skies, this webinar will discuss the actions taken by West Asian countries for improving air quality and the need for an integrated approach for achieving clean air and climate change mitigation in West Asia.
The webinar is organized by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Regional Office for West Asia, in collaboration with the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), American University of Beirut (AUB) and SEI, and will be held on 7 September 2021 from 15:00 to 16:30 Bahrain time (AST). Connection details will be provided upon confirmation of participation.
- 15:00 – Introduction to the International Day of Clean Air for blue skies (UNEP)
- 15:05 – Health effects of air pollution during the Covid-19 pandemic (AUB)
- 15:25 – Need for an integrated approach for addressing air quality and climate change in West Asia (SEI)
- 15:45 – Regional and national dimensions related to climate change, circular economy, transport sector and climate finance (ESCWA)
- 15:55 – Actions taken by West Asian countries on air quality (UNEP)
- 16:15 – Q&A
- 16:30 – Closing of the webinar
Register now by sending your contact details to email@example.com.