Progress on climate change adaptation is uneven and slow, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). More ambition is needed to accelerate and sustain adaptation. The IPCC also stressed that climate risks are increasingly complex and difficult to manage as they interact and cascade across sectors, regions and borders.
This panel will discuss what “ambition” on climate adaptation means in the face of systemic and cascading climate risks.
- Johanna Nalau, lead author, IPCC WGII report
- Emilie Beauchamp, Senior researcher, Strategy and Learning, International Institute for Environment and Development (IEED)
Thibyan Ibrahim, Assistant Director, Ministry of Environment, Climate Change and Technology, Maldives
- Giuliana Torta, AC member, Directorate-General for Climate Action (DG CLIMA)
- María del Pilar Bueno, Researcher at CONICET
- Mikko Ollikainen, Head, Adaptation Fund
- Katy Harris, Director of Adaptation Without Borders
- Annett Möhner, UNFCCC Secretariat
The event convened by the Adaptation Without Borders initiative takes place on Saturday 11 June 18:30–20:00 at the World Conference Center Bonn (Room Berlin), during the Bonn Climate Change Conference. It is also live streamed.