In august 2019, the IPCC Panel approved the IPCC special report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems, the result of a three year long process involving 107 authors from 52 countries.
During this event, authors of the report and experts will give and introduction to the report to a broader audience.
- Opening Remarks and welcome Youba Sokona, Report Champion
- Introduction to and overview of the SRCCL Dr Raphael Slade, Head of Science, WG III TSU
- The land-climate interface Jo House
- Impacts, responses and future scenarios Louis Verchot, International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT)
- Policies and governance for biomass and land use Francis X Johnson, SEI
- Biodiversity and linkages with IPBES report. IPBES Executive Secretary, Anne Larigauderie – TBC
- Q&A session
- Closing Remarks/Summary Youba Sokona
- Youba Sokona, IPCC Vice Chair and Report Champion