From inequality to sustainability: how far have we come?
Inequalities based on income, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, class, ethnicity, religion and opportunity persist across the world, within and between countries. How much equality can realistically be achieved, and what actions will do most to move the needle? How can countries take up the effort to reduce inequality and lead companies in the region to devote themselves to the task?
- Ricky Chu Man-kin, Chairperson, Equal Opportunities Commission
- Niall O’Connor, Centre director, Asia, Stockholm Environment Institute
- Anne Lasimbang, Founder and executive director, PACOS TRUST (Partners of Community Organizations in Sabah)
- Asel Kubanychbekova, Founder, Women’s Entrepreneurship Development Fund, Kyrgyzstan
- Barsali Bhattacharyya, Manager, Industry Briefing Subscription Services, The Economist Intelligence Unit
This session will be held online at 3:15 pm – 4:00 SGT