Organized jointly by the UN’s Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, this conference aims to align the climate and SDG processes. Its objective is for participants to analyse gaps and challenges in joined-up implementation across SDGs and climate action.
SEI is contributing to the Climate & SDGs Synergies conference with a capacity-building session. Following presentations on our NDC-SDG connection tool, the SDG interactions framework and the LEAP-IBC tool, a panel with representatives from Sri Lanka, Colombia and Mongolia and moderated by our Executive Director Måns Nilsson will discuss how these tools have helped them identify synergies between climate action and the wider SDGs, what barriers still exist, and how tools could be further developed to increase synergies.
Watch the livestream
The entire three-day conference is live-streamed online. On Tuesday, 2 April, a press conference is held from 10:15-10:45, featuring:
- Mr. Liu Zhenmin, UN Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs
- Mr. Ovais Sarmad, Deputy Executive Secretary, UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Mr. Kristian Jensen, Minister of Finance, Denmark
- Mr. Luis Alfonso de Alba, the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for the 2019 Climate Action Summit
- Ms. Mami Mizutori, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction, UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction