This annual memorial lecture is in honour of Gordon Goodman, founding director of the Beijer Institute at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences 1977–1989 and the Stockholm Environment Institute 1989–1991. The 2015 lecture is on June 15th at The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
Johan L. Kuylenstierna, SEI’s Executive Director will be the event moderator. A panel discussion will follow the lecture held by Professor Laurence Tubiana, including:
- Michel Colombier, Scientific Director,Institut du développement durable et des relations internationales (IDDRI)
- Anna Lindstedt, Ambassador and Chief Negotiator of Sweden for climate change
- Kenneth Kimmell, President of the Union of Concerned Scientists
- Johanna Sandahl, Chair of the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation
The event is free of charge and open to the public but registration is required for all participants. Register now»
Please note that this symposium will be webcasted live at www.kva.se and will be available as video-on-demand later at www.kvatv.se.
The same day, The French Embassy in Sweden and the Stockholm Environment Institute will hold a high-level event dedicated to the economic and political dimensions of adaptation to climate change. The event begins at 8:30 am at IVA’s Conference Centre, Grev Turegatan 16, Stockholm.
Read more and register»
SEI and KVA welcome you to participate in this special event, in preparation for the upcoming Climate Change negotiations in Paris later this year.
For further information or media requests, please contact:
- Bo Kjellén, Former Chief Negotiator for Climate Change, SEI Associate: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ylva Rylander, Press and Communications Advisor, SEI: email@example.com
- Magnus Lundgren, Programme Coordinator, KVA: firstname.lastname@example.org