It aims to introduce and develop sustainable sanitation practices to urban and rural areas of the developing world through a global network of regional nodes.
Currently there are eight knowledge nodes located in:
- Burkina Faso.
- Southern Africa: the Southern Africa knowledge node on sustainable sanitation (external link).
- Central America.
- China: the China Node on Sustainable Sanitation.
Further details and contact information are available from the Knowledge Node page on the EcoSanRes website (external link).
EcoSanRes is sponsored by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and managed by Stockholm Environment Institute.
EcoSanRes has three components:
- Outreach: Promotion, Networking and Dissemination.
- Capacity: Knowledge Management, Methods Development, Studies and Training.
- Pilot Projects: Asia, Africa and Latin America.
SEI is also a founding member of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA).