The Swedish Development Research Network (SweDev) is a member-based network constituted in November 2019. The network aims to connect development researchers across Sweden in order to strengthen collaboration within the research community and to increase interaction between development researchers and practitioners.
SweDev seeks to support the use of research-based knowledge for efficient policymaking and practice among Swedish actors working for the 2030 Agenda.
The goal of SweDev is to facilitate and foster continuous and long-term collaboration and communication between researchers, development practitioners and policymakers.
SEI hosts the SweDev secretariat
The SweDev secretariat is led by Janet Vähämäki, Team Lead of Development & Aid Policy. Members of the secretariat include Ylva Rylander, Communications Officer and Alice Castensson, Associate in the Agriculture, Land and Bioeconomy Team.
SweDev aims to:
- encourage and support contacts, cooperation and sharing of information between researchers, lecturers and students of development studies at the various research environments around Sweden
- contribute to the production of relevant and accessible research for decision-makers and practitioners
- support research-based decision making and practice by enhancing cooperation between researchers and development practitioners and policymakers
- collect evidence and knowledge to identify the obstacles for practitioners to utilize research and interact with the research community.
Sida and the SweDev Steering Committee
SweDev is generously funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and led by a steering committee consisting of representatives from Swedish academic institutions.
Steering Committee members:
- Fredrik Söderbaum, University of Gothenburg (Chair)
- Jonas Ewald, Linnaeus University
- Flora Hajdu, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Richard Lalander, Södertörn University
- Henning Melber, Nordic Africa Institute Uppsala
- Cecilia Strand, Uppsala University
- Jesper Sundewall, Lund University and University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Elisabeth Olivius, Umeå University
- Mats Björk, Stockholm University
- Anders Sjögren, Uppsala University
- Tanya Andersson, Lund University (PhD representative)
- AnnaKarin Norling, Sida (Ex officio member)
- Janet Vähämäki, SEI and Stockholm University (Ex-officio member)
More about the Steering Committee on the SweDev website.