As Asia emerges from the Covid-19 pandemic, what does the future hold for the region? There is an urgency to this question, as there is less than a decade to achieve the SDG goals, and the pandemic has paused or even pushed back hard-won achievements.
The AVPN Conference 2022 is planned to bring together a diverse group of funders and resource providers, from philanthropists to investors, corporates to policymakers and researchers to entrepreneurs, who will meet in person for the first time in two years to reflect on the new landscape ahead and share ideas, solutions and opportunities for the Asian Decade.
In partnership with the Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy of the Republic of Indonesia, AVPN will engage in strategic and systemic dialogues through the Global Conference around how to transform economies in Asia in the lead-up to the G20. The high-level discussions at our conference will be reported to President Jokowi and part of the main agenda of the G20 in October 2022.
This year, AVPN is also celebrating 10 years of ecosystem-building efforts that have led it to become the world’s first and largest Asian social investment network. As we reflect on Asia’s social investment trajectory, the Global Conference is an ideal platform to map out how you can continue to be part of the growth conversation for Asia in the decade ahead.
Financing Green Recovery Towards Inclusive Growth and Innovation
Tuesday, June 21, 2022 11:15 AM to 12:45 PM
The lingering effects of the pandemic have staggered the growth and recovery of the global economy. With focus being drawn towards climate change, the concept of a green recovery and sustainable finance has taken the forefront. While efforts towards sustainable transition have been observed, communities that are facing some form of marginalisation due to geographical, economical or demographical factors are often disproportionately affected by the increasing effects of climate change as they lack access to effective solutions and means of adaptation to overcome the crises. These vulnerable groups tend to be overlooked, and are unable to keep up with global changes. This session will explore how private sector leaders, policymakers and impact organisation representatives of marginalised and vulnerable groups can collaborate for inclusive green growth and innovating.
- To understand replicable solutions that can be designed to include the needs of marginalized and vulnerable groups
- To discuss how business models can be reinvented to create equal opportunities toward green growth
- To understand the possible avenues for collaboration and opportunities for marginalised/vulnerable communities in the Asian Decade
- Gigi Matthews, Country Director – India, Enviu
- Michael Rieser, Program Manager – Social Finance, UBS Optimus Foundation
- Kuntum Melati, Research Fellow, Stockholm Environment Institute
AVPN session responsibles
- Sharman Pandian, Senior Platform Associate, Climate Action Platform, AVPN
- Camille Barlis, Senior Markets Associate, AVPN
Shifts in Capital Investments: The Role of Sustainable Finance in Accelerating SDGs and Climate Goals
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 4:45 PM to 5:30 PM
- M Arsjad Rasjid PM, Chairman, Indonesian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KADIN)
- Niall O’Connor, Asia Director, Stockholm Environment Institute