The Asia-Europe Environment Forum (ENVforum) Annual Conference 2021 “Circular Food Systems – Solutions to Reverse Climate Change?” is a 2-day international conference to take place on 30 November – 1 December 2021, virtually.
The conference is designed to promote exchanges on regional and international levels and to highlight the range of multi-stakeholder initiatives or partnerships promoting the adoption of Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) practices in food systems.
The event will consist of two plenary sessions and four parallel thematic streams on:
- SMEs and food circularity
- Food security in times of pandemic
- International food trade.
SEI Asia will support the third stream on food security in times of pandemic through the Strategic Collaborative Fund programme.
The conference will provide:
- An overall introduction to food systems and the main obstacles to circularity on global and national level;
- A connection to international meetings such as ASEM, UN Food Summit and COP 26;
- An Asian-European dimension by linking Asian and European approaches to the transition to circular food-production systems.
Learn more about the event at the ENVforum website.