The Asia-Europe Environment Forum (ENVforum) Annual Conference 2021 “Circular Food Systems – Solutions to Reverse Climate Change?” is a 2-day international conference held on 30 November – 1 December 2021, virtually.
The conference was designed to promote exchanges on regional and international levels and to highlight the range of multi-stakeholder initiatives or partnerships promoting the adoption of Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) practices in food systems.
The event featured of two plenary sessions and four parallel thematic streams on:
- SMEs and food circularity
- Food security in times of pandemic
- International food trade.
SEI Asia supported the third stream on food security in times of pandemic through the Strategic Collaborative Fund programme.
The conference provided:
- An overall introduction to food systems and the main obstacles to circularity on global and national level;
- A connection to international meetings such as ASEM, UN Food Summit and COP 26;
- An Asian-European dimension by linking Asian and European approaches to the transition to circular food-production systems.
Learn more about the event at the ENVforum website.