In 2022, the Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) launched its first Gender Strategy to promote gender mainstreaming for climate and clean air action. This webinar will focus on providing practical guidance for integrating gender considerations into project design demonstrated through case studies across SLCP sectors, and is intended for project implementers including NGOs, national focal points, and air pollution and climate change experts. This event is part of a broader initiative to mainstream gender across all CCAC-funded projects, and to take a gender-responsive approach to climate and clean air action.
In addition, this webinar will take place ahead of the deadline to apply for open Calls for Proposals and will enable interested participants to have a better understanding of how they can include gender-related activities and outputs in their proposals and implementation plans.
In the first session, the CCAC Secretariat will present the CCAC’s Gender Strategy, and speakers will provide practical examples of gender-responsive projects with case studies from across SLCP sectors including agriculture, industry, and transport. In the second half, hear from policy experts on technical tools to incorporate gender considerations into project design. Significant gender-related issues within specific sectors and national contexts will also be identified.
- Moderator: ECCC, Andria Sherstone
- Presenting the CCAC Gender Strategy: CCAC Secretariat, Dana Crawhall-Duk
- Gender-responsive projects across SLCP sectors:
- Industry: SEI, Diane Archer
- Agriculture: FAO, Inkar Kadyrzhanova
- Transport: USAID, Gillian Caldwell
- Policy tools to incorporate gender considerations into project design: OECD, Jenny Hedman
- Concluding Remarks: UNEP, Dina Abdelhakim