When: Wednesday, 12 December, 14:00 – 16:00
Where: Côte d’Ivoire Pavilion (Zone E, First Floor)
This event, organized by the Climate & Clean Air Coalition, will showcase how CCAC’s multiple benefits pathway framework can empower countries to enhance their mitigation ambitions by addressing climate and air quality in an integrated way. The event will provide concrete examples of how countries are using this approach and SEI’s new LEAP-IBC tool to support decision making, leverage stakeholders, and increase ambition.
Panelists will include representatives from Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Norway, the Philippines, the CCAC, WRI and SEI.
Opening (10 minutes)
- Gustave Aboua, General Director for Environment and Sustainable Development
- Helena Molin Valdes, Head of Climate and Clean Air Coalition Secretariat
Country experiences with an integrated approach to clean air and climate (60 minutes)
- Ange-Benjamin Brida, National SLCPs and CCAC related activities Coordinator, Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development
- Bala Bappa, National CCAC–SNAP/IS Coordinator, Nigeria
- Ragnhild Marie Falkenberg, Advisor, Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, Norway
- Albert Magalang, Head, Climate Change Office, Department of Environment and Natural Resources Environmental Management Bureau, Philippines
Panel discussion (40 minutes)
- Charlie Heaps, Senior Scientist, Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)
- Katherine Ross, Climate Program Associate, World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Nathan Borgford-Parnell, SAP and Science Affairs Coordinator, Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC)