The Asia Pacific region is experiencing unprecedented growth in mobile technology penetration, social media, and citizen’s access to a wide array of digital platforms.
There are many domains that have benefited from this great technology development but when talking about climate change adaptation and disaster risk management it is still overlooked.
An inclusive use of social media and digital platforms can offer transformative and boost climate adaptation and resilience, for individuals and for societies.
This event, organized by the Institute for Circular Economy Development (ICED), Vietnam National University and supported by SEI Asia through the Strategic Collaborative Fund, programme will:
- Explore the use of digital content and social media for climate resilience.
- Find solutions to empower vulnerable groups to contribute to climate resilience via social media and other digital platforms.
- Showcase social media initiatives on building climate resilience.
Join our programme
Date: Friday 12 November
Time: 15:30-16:30 GMT+7 (Thailand/Vietnam) / 9:30-10:30 AM CET
Duration: 1 hour
Registration: You will receive the Zoom link after registration
- Opening by Dr. Nguyen Hong Quan, Director of Institute for Circular Economy Development (ICED)
- Keynote by Niall O’Connor, director SEI Asia
- Objectives and collaboration by Dr. Long Hoang
- Presentation by Nguyen Minh Quang, Director Mekong Environment Forum (MEF)
- Video screening by Dr. Uthpal Kumar, Delta Research Initiative
- Discussion facilitated by Dr. Long Hoang
- Dr. Nguyen Hong Quan, Director ICED
- Daud Jibon Das, Khulna Regional Director, Caritas Bangladesh
- Nguyen Minh Quang, Director MEF
Improve your skills
Date: Friday 19 November
Time: 15:00-17:30 GMT+7 (Thailand/Vietnam) / 9:00-11:30 AM CET
Duration: 2.5 hours