The world is trying to embark on a sustainable, inclusive and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic that advances the SDGs, amidst the impacts of the current geo-political situations. At the Summit, the Heads of State and Government will comprehensively review progress in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, and provide political guidance for the way forward for accelerating the full implementation of the SDGs in the remaining years towards 2030.
This session will launch the preparations for the mid-term review of the SDGs and the September 2023 SDG Summit. Speakers will discuss the focus and expected outcomes from the Summit, the comprehensive preparations for the Summit and the mid-term review of the implementation of the SDGs at the national, regional and global levels, and ways to strengthen coordination and synergies with relevant intergovernmental processes.
Proposed guiding questions:
- What would be the main focus and expected outcomes of the 2023 SDG Summit, for supporting the kind of recovery from COVID-19, climate and other crises in a way that advances the implementation of the 2030 Agenda?
- How can we best prepare the Summit at the national, regional and global levels? How to better use the findings from the 2023 Global Sustainable Development Report?
- What kind of achievements can countries, international institutions and other stakeholders deliver by the time of the Summit? Which countries, network or organization can advocate for the delivery of new policies or initiatives and for new ambitious commitments to be made at the Summit?
- How to make the Summit unique and how to bring the voices from people including the most vulnerable groups such as women, youth and children, and grass roots community representatives to the meeting and its outcomes?
- How to better coordinate the SDG Summit with other relevant processes, including Our Common Agenda, the Transforming Education Summit, the Summit of the Future, the mid-term review of the Sendai Framework, and the High-level Dialogue on Financing for Development?
- President or Vice President of ECOSOC
Registration details are available in the link below.