Tea has a background in environmental policy, public administration, production management and economics. Her main focus is on integration of economic and environmental policies as well as sustainable development indicators.
Her recent work has focused on valuing marine and inland waters ecosystem services and the integration of economic and social analysis into marine policies. Her fields of interest and research include how to enable better policy decisions via the usage of environmental economic accounting and relevant modelling tools as well as the analysis of institutional barriers to take up inclusive national wealth accounting and management.
Work experience before SEI
- Researcher at Åbo Akademi University (Finland) 01/2005–12/2007
- Project Manager at Environment Commission of the Union of the Baltic Cities (Finland) 08/2001–12/2004
- Adviser to the Minister of Economics and Communication (Estonia) 04/2002–04/2003
- Project manager and research fellow at Policy Research Centre PRAXIS (Estonia) 08/2000 – 07/2001
- Lecturer at Concordia International University of Estonia 09/1995–06/2001, in addition many consultancies.
- PhD programme at the Faculty of Economics and Business administration, Department of Finance and Economics, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia (2015 – …)
- PhD studies on Public Administration at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
- Master of International Affairs (MIA), School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), Columbia University, New York, USA (1995)
- Bachelor in Production economics and management at Tallinn Technical University (1993).