TAGMI provided recommendations for scaling-up the adoption of a specific irrigation technology. The project will specifically ground-truth and expand the TAGMI model adapted to petrol pumps for shallow groundwater irrigation (CPWF-RiU project) by:
- Verifying the results of the model with field observations and experts’ opinions;
- Re-assessing the model structure (are the lines and relationships accurate? what should change?) and data sources (are there others to include? what organizations have the data?);
- Exploring avenues for model refinement through additional data sources and spatial disaggregation;
- Exploring the potential of the model to other pumping and groundwater application technologies; and
- Exploring the relevance and data requirements of expanding the model to other areas in the wider Volta/Niger Basin.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) will be leading this project, with SEI and International Development Enterprises (IDE) as key partners.