During this workshop, presentations and discussions were mainly focused on the following themes;
- What are the national , international drivers for policy change?
- What are the components of a successful sustainable sanitation policy contemplating safe use of nutrients from wastewater and human excreta?
- Informal processes influencing policy change and policy implementation
- Analyses of the cycle from policy development to policy implementation
- Exchange of experiences in different policy development processes
- Necessary requirements for policy enforcement
- WHO Guidelines for the Safe Use of Wastewater, Excreta and Greywater in Agriculture and Aquaculture guidelines and their influence on national legislation process