The transitions are accelerated by the impacts of climate change, an unfolding energy crisis, the effects of the war in Ukraine and inflation growing in many parts of the world. What risks and opportunities are surfacing? What issues warrant greater attention? SEI researchers have identified four key trends affecting the transition of communities, societies, technologies, the private sector, public policymaking, and international relations.
When: Wednesday 11th January 12.00-13.30 CET
Where: Online (a link will be sent out 24 hours before the event). Register here.
- Måns Nilsson, Executive Director of SEI opens the event.
- Keynote by Ambassador Csaba Kőrösi, President of UN General Assembly.
- Introduction of the four trends by Robert Watt, Director of Strategic Communication and Policy Engagement at SEI.
- An expert panel will discuss the trends on the horizon for 2023. Moderated by Laurie Goering, Climate Change Editor at Thomson Reuters Foundation.
- Arunabha Ghosh, CEO, Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) and Member, UN Secretary General’s High-Level Expert Group on the Net-Zero Emissions Commitments of Non-State Entities
- Arame Tall, Senior Climate Change Specialist at the World Bank
- Lauri Myllyvirta, Air Pollution and Climate Expert, Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air
- Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Leader, Climate and Energy Practice, WWF International
- Seonaid Hyslop-Parsons, Corporate reputation and media relations specialist, Portland
- Åsa Persson, Research Director and Deputy Director, SEI