The event will kickoff the Nordic-Baltic collaboration project “Towards Nordic-Baltic circular textile system: an analysis of post-consumer textiles in the Baltic countries, recommendations for policy intervention and sector development” funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
Speakers at the event will include European, Nordic and Baltic experts.
Moderator: Helen Saarniit, Communication Manager, SEI Tallinn
09:00 Registration and coffee
09:30 Opening address
- Meelis Milder, Chairman of the Management Board, BALTIKA Group (EST)
- Kaupo Heinma, Deputy Secretary General, Estonian Ministry of the Environment (EST)
- Maija Kale, Advisor, Nordic Council of Ministers Office in Latvia (LV)
- Lauri Tammiste, Director, SEI Tallinn (EST)
10:00 Regional perspectives on used textiles and circular economy
- European perspective on used textiles and circular economy, Emile Bruls, Advisor, Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management/ECAP (NL)
- Used textile collection in European cities, David Watson, Senior Consultant, Planmiljø (DK)
- Telaketju: A national approach to circular textile eco-system, Pirjo Heikkilä, Senior Scientist, VTT (FI)
- Nordic perspectives on used textiles and circular economy, David Watson, Senior Consultant, Planmiljø (DK)
11:30 Panel discussion
- Kerli Kant Hvass, Circular Economy Advisor (moderator) (EST)
- David Watson, Senior Consultant, Planmiljø
- Emile Bruls, Advisor, Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management/ECAP (NL)
- Mari-Helene Kaber, Information Manager, Humana Estonia (EST)
- Dace Akule, Sustainable fashion expert (LV)
13:15 Practical industry perspectives on used textiles and circular economy
- Disrupting clothing reuse with a new business model, Juha Mattson, CEO, EMMY Clothing Company (FI)
- Embarking on the journey of circular textiles: Experiences from a reuse social enterprise, Kerli Kant Hvass, Board member and Advisor, Re-Use Center (EST)
- Circular textile recycling as a business, Philip Boumans, CEO, Wolkat (NL)
14:45 Break (20 min)
- We make fashion sustainable – recycling clothes finally works, Harald Cavalli-Björkman, Head of Communications, Re:newcell (SWE)
- Entering a new paradigm in textile recycling, Wickie Meier Engström, Director and Partner, REALLY (DK)
16:00 Networking, refreshments (sponsored by Baltika)
Registration is free while seats last.
Event contact: Kerli Kant-Hvass, email@example.com
The event organisers reserve the right to make changes in the programme.