Harri Moora specialises in environmental policy and management tools related to sustainable consumption and production (EMS, EPE, LCA, eco-design).
Harri is also working on waste management related issues such as environmental and economic assessment of waste management systems/technologies, development and evaluation of regulatory and economic instruments for waste management.
Harri Moora has worked for SEI Tallinn since 1998, first as a researcher, and since 2001 as a programme director of the Environmental Management Programme.
Work experience before SEI
- Researcher at Department of Marine Geology and Geophysics, Geological Survey of Estonia
- Research Assistant (M.Sc. student) at Institute of Geology, University of Tartu, Estonia
- PhD, Institute of Environmental Technology, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- MSc in Environmental Management and Policy, International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics (IIIEE), Lund University, Sweden
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Business & Electronic Sustainable Management Research Action: Training Efficiency and Resources (BE-SMARTER).
- Evaluation of the landfill tax/charge system in Estonia.
- Evaluation of life cycle based environmental impacts and economic cost of alternative scenarios for municipal waste management in Estonia.
- Project on Regional Cooperation in Waste Management (RECO) – waste management and spatial planning project in cooperation between partners from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Germany, Poland, Finland, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.