Nestlé has set out an intention to advance regenerative food systems at scale through a just transition. Farmer led regenerative agriculture programs are at the heart of this. But what does a just transition mean specifically in the food and land use sector, and how can it best be delivered in the context of rising food insecurity and inflation?
Join Nestlé and leading partner organizations to discuss the challenges of delivering a just transition in food, addressing future and current climate impacts and specifically looking at the role food system actors can play. The event will also look at how companies can work with governments to scale up successful supply chain interventions, such as Nestlé’s income Accelerator Program in cocoa.
- Magdi Batato, EVP – Global Head of Operations, Nestlé
- Diane Holdorf, Executive Vice President, Pathways, WBCSD
- Haley St. Dennis, Head of Just Transitions, IHRB
- Richard Klein, Senior Research Fellow, Stockholm Environment Institute
- Daan Wensing, Chief Executive Officer, IDH
Moderator – Saint-Francis Tohlang, Corporate Communications & Public Affairs Director, Nestlé East and South Africa Region
- Framing the just transition and what it looks like specifically for the food and ag sector
- Opportunities and collaboration – how do we bring the concept to life?
- The role of different actors in the food system value chain
Watch the recording
Video: Slidecrew/Slidefair / Vimeo.