When: Thursday, 6 December 6, 2018 16:45 – 18:15
Where: Pieniny Room, Katowice International Congress Centre, Katowice, Poland
This panel will address a wide range of questions:
- How do the World Trade Organization and the United Nations Framework on Climate Change handle the issues of trade and climate-related issues?
- What role should regional trade agreements play?
- How can trade agreements address the issue of fossil fuel subsidies?
- And, what are the options for reform?
This panel is an official side event at COP 24 and is presented by the Centre for International Governance Innovation, together with the University of Eastern Finland (UEF) Law School and the German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP).
- Harro van Asselt, Professor of Climate Law and Policy, UEF Law School and SEI Associate
- Susanne Droege, Senior Fellow, Global Issues Division, SWP
- Silvia Maciunas, Deputy Director, International Law Research Program, CIGI
- Maria Panezi, Fellow, International Law Research Program, CIGI
- Ismo Ulvila, DG Climate Action, European Commission
- Daniel Ramos, Legal Officer, World Trade Organization (WTO)