“This event is of high significance for future research activities and offers a great opportunity for us to mark SEI’s role as a leader in research and policy advice on climate change adaptation,” said Prof. Richard Klein. “We will also be able to present showcase examples from our work in Mistra-SWECIA and NORD-STAR.”
- Monday 18 March, Governance of Adaptation – Knowledge Mismatches in Governance of Adaptation session: Åsa Gerger Swartling will present on Exploring diverse knowledge systems for adaptation: the case of the Swedish Mistra-SWECIA programme.
- Monday 18 March, Decision-Making under Uncertainty – Local Water Management session: Peter Rudberg will present on Beyond generic adaptive capacity: exploring the adaptation space of the water and waste water sector of Stockholm.
- Tuesday 19 March, Adaptation Case Studies: Organisational, Sectoral and Regional session: Gregor Vulturius will present on Climate Change Adaptation and the Swedish Insurance Industry.
- Tuesday 19 March, Adaptation Strategies and Planning – Regional Policies session: Oskar Wallgren will present on Adaptation without borders: perspectives on indirect climate impacts.
Prof. Richard Klein, in addition to being a member of the International Scientific Board, will chair three sessions:
- Tuesday 19 March: Economics of Adaptation – Insurance and Finance in Climate Change Adaptation
- Tuesday 19 March: Mainstreaming Climate Adaptation – Policy
- Wednesday 20 March: Mainstreaming Climate Adaptation – Implementation