SEI Asia has announced an ambitious slate of collaborative events for the second half of 2019. The events are under the Strategic Collaborative Fund phase 2 programme (SCF2), which seeks to strengthen capacity and enable regional collaboration and policy dialogue towards environmental sustainability and the 2030 agenda for sustainable development in Asia.
Through SCF2, SEI Asia is partnering with organizations on thematically-focused events, including climate change adaptation, water, energy, agriculture, disaster risk reduction and gender. Starting in July 2019 and running through January 2020, the events will bring practitioners, policy makers, government, NGOs, private sector and community members together to address key environment and development challenges and promote informed policy dialogues.
Following is the calendar, including location, partner, theme and event.
29 – 30, Yokohama, Japan: Asia-Europe Environment Forum (ENVforum) Annual Conference
The Role of Consumer in Triggering Changes in Consumption & Production
- Partner: the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
17 – 18, Nanning, China: China ASEAN Environmental Cooperation Forum
Promote and Foster Regional Green Growth: Best Practices for Eco-city Development and Sustainable Ocean Ecosystem Management
- Partner: Center for International Cooperation and Exchange, Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) of the People’s Republic of China
13 – 17, Penang, Malaysia: “Grassroots Community Resilience” at the Asia-Pacific Urban Forum 7 (APUF-7)
- Theme: Disaster Risk Reduction
- Partner: Asia Coalition for Housing Rights
14 – 15 Jogjakarta, Indonesia: Challenges and Opportunities on Indigenous Knowledge System and Practices and Rights-Based Sustainable Development: A Southeast Asian Forum
- Theme: Climate Change Adaptation
- Partner: Samdhana Institute
15 – 17, Bangkok, Thailand: Regional Consultation to Promote Actions to Improve Asian Deltas Resilience
- Theme: Water
- Partner: WWF Greater Mekong
21 – 25, Quezon Province, The Philippines: 9th Southeast Asian human rights and business conference
- Theme: Energy
- Partner: Forest Peoples Programme
29, Singapore: Roundtable on the Environment and Social Inclusion
This event will focus on four main themes:
- Sustainable financing for circularity
- Producer to Consumer Sustainability (P2CS)
- Closing the loop, gender and plastic, and
- Climate-friendly energy in agriculture.
18 – 19, Singapore: Responsible Business Forum
Circularity 2030: Next generation leaders
25 – 27, Bangkok, Thailand: Silver Linings – Transforming Gender Relations Through Climate Adaptation
- Theme: Gender
- Partner: CUSO International
TBC, Vientiane, Laos: Sharing and learning from regional experiences to build effective and harmonized policy on sustainable agriculture in the Mekong Region: Regional Dialogue Workshop
- Theme: Agriculture
- Partner: Department of Policy and Legal Affairs, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Laos
SEI Asia is providing technical expertise, financial support and communications for each of the events, and will be sharing event agendas and reporting on their outputs and outcomes regularly. Joining SEI Asia as its main implementing partner, the Raoul Wallenberg Institute (RWI) is also providing event input and guidance on the integration of rights-based approach.