As the transition to a circular economy centred on Net-Zero can only be achieved by scaling up collaboration and partnerships among stakeholders involved in the SMEs ecosystem, the conference offers a platform to empower participants to identify challenges, exchange best practices, and brainstorm solutions towards an effective decarbonisation of food supply chains. This is key to stimulate progress towards achieving a sustainable future.
The programme consists of two parallel streams:
- Stream on Circular Transition: SMEs Decarbonisation Enablers
- Stream on SMEs Decarbonisation Pathways: Strategies for a Cleaner Supply Chain followed by a presentation featuring case studies on various circular practices in the ASEM region.
The conference objectives are:
- To contribute to a better understanding of SMEs’ needs regarding circular food systems and explore enabling conditions.
- To support multi-stakeholder, regional and international dialogues on circular agri-food production among ASEM stakeholders with a focus on agri-food SMEs.
- To provide a platform for creative solutions via facilitated dialogue and networking.