The science is clear: decisive and bold action is urgently needed. In this event, leading experts debate recommendations put forward in the Stockholm+50: Unlocking a Better Future report. The report, launched by SEI and CEEW ahead of the Stockholm+50 international meeting, provides a scientific basis to the meeting and proposes actions leaders can take now to accelerate systemic change.
This event is co-organized by SEI and the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW).
Time: 1700-1815 IST | 1330-1445 CEST | 0730-0845 EDT
Location: Stockholmsmässan – Side Event Room 5
- Dr Philip Osano, Centre Director SEI Africa, SEI
- Chris Kiptoo, Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Environment, Kenya
- Dr Åsa Persson, Research Director and Deputy Director, SEI
- Dr Arunabha Ghosh, Chief Executive Officer, CEEW
- Dr. Sébastien Treyer, Executive Director of IDDRI
- Ms. Isabella Lövin, former Minister of Environment, and Deputy Prime Minister, Sweden.
- Dr. Andrew Norton, Director International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Ms. Jaee Nikam, SEI Asia, coordinating author of the Stockholm+50 Youth Report
- Prof. Saleemul Huq, Director of the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD)
- Mr. Mats Engström, Writer and analyst, Senior adviser at the Swedish Institute for European Policy
- Dr Danilo Türk, Former President of the Republic of Slovenia