Insects – an alternative source of proteins
The first African Conference on Edible Insects aims at consolidating innovations, research and industrial development on edible insects for transformation of livelihoods in Africa.
Scientists, academics, students, investors, policy-makers, communities and all interested parties in edible insect research and development, consumption and industrial utilization are invited to submit abstracts for this conference.
Want to talk about the conference? Use the hashtag #EdibleInsectsAfrica
- Innovations in captive rearing of insects as food and animal feed
- Innovation in insect processing, product development, nutrition, and food safety and functional foods
- Enterprise development, stewardship and legislation on edible insects use as food and livestock feed
- Indigenous knowledge and social systems of edible insects in Africa
- Deadline for call for abstracts and posters: 27 June 2019
- Feedback on abstract acceptance/rejection: 10 July 2019
- Deadline for registration: 25 July 2019
The conference is organized by Chinhoyi University in Zimbabwe and the AgriFoSe2030 programme.
Registration is closed. Find out more on the SLU website.