In the framework of the ClimVis project user surveys have been conducted in 6 countries, coordinated and summarized via country coordinating partners. We also conducted focus group discussions with key stakeholders.
With those steps we want explore needs and demands of potential end users, and to learn how they perceive climate information of existing tools. We also plan to learn more about the potential to improve the existing data foundation and about technical opportunities to create a user-friendly, but reliable tool.
The overarching goal of ClimVis is to collect all the necessary information needed to create a meaningful European climate data visualisation tool combining past, present and future observed and modelled data. Also, to
- Identify relevant user groups
- Conduct a survey among potential users to identify their needs
- Establish relationships to key users and explore their needs and demands
- Clarify data issues (quality, availabiliy, timeliness etc.)
- Combine necessary competences for a future technical implementation
- Compile a funding application for implementation
The project is funded by: